01 September 2010

Music I've been listening to

Life has been busy. I'm currently feeling very sore. I don't know why, I can't pinpoint the cause. All I know is I'm really sore. The pain is to the extent it hurts to have blankets on me in bed. Hopefully I feel better soon.

I've been enjoying a lot of Australian music. Some very recent, some released earlier this year. Here's what I am loving lately.


Birds of Tokyo - Plans

I have not heard much of Birds of Tokyo, but I know they've previously released quite heavy music. I love this, especially the lyrics.
We make plans to kiss the sun at night
Hopeless dreamers, hopeless times
Shedding skin you show your beauty scars
Don't forget me or who you are

You know, this don't feel right
Who knows what we feel?

I just met you, I can read your thoughts
What they tell me is what I want
I'll keep you guessing, keep you wanting more
'Cause where we're going, no one knows

Hey now, you know, this don't feel right
Who knows, this could feel right

See I just met you, I swear I read your thoughts
So don't forget me or what you want

Light up the stage
Make your move
Give me something
So I can dance in your light and to your rhythm

Soon it unfolds
Who we are
In this masquerade of stars
Tear off the mask, the face you hide is what I'm missing

We make plans to kiss the sun at night
Hopeless dreamers, hopeless times
One was turning, one was standing still
I won't forget what was promised here

You know, this don't feel right
Who knows what we feel?

Gyroscope - Baby I'm getting better

I love how upbeat this song is. I started liking Gyroscope around the time they released Snakeskin and Australia. I heard the songs on Nova - I know - lazy way to find music - and enjoyed their rock sound. I am glad I discovered them.

I am seeing Angus and Julia Stone twice next week! I have been playing Down the Way a lot this week. It's so calming and pretty. Here are two of my favourites from the album. I can't wait for their concerts!


Angus and Julia Stone - For you

This may well be my favourite song of the year. The lyrics are devastatingly beautiful.
If you love me, with all that you are.
If you love me I'll make you a star in my universe

Angus and Julia Stone - Draw your swords

Let's face it. Angus Stone is so damn sexy. So damn sexy.
I am yours, you are mine, let's not fuck around...
In other news, well I don't know how to write this...but I think I have feelings for a boy. It's been ages since I've felt this way. And I'm never sure how much to reveal. So all I'll write is that.
:)

1 comment:

Thank you for reading my blog. I love receiving comments :)
I really appreciate the time you've taken to write to me, and to share something about yourself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails